Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Tilda On Bee Hive - Put On Your Sunglasses!


Happy Tuesday Everyone! I don't know exactly what drove me to use this color, maybe the yellow because of the "bee" but it surely turned out quite bright lol! Here's Tilda sitting the her bee hive. The DP is from Daisy D's with the bottom edge punched with MS heart border and I added some teeny-tiny red blings from my nail art kit. I then matted this piece to SU! so saffron CS (love this color!), and matted on SU! chocolate chip CS. The bottom was very "bare" so I stamped the little bees that come with the Magnolia spring kit, colored with Copics, then with Spica gold but it doesn't show up. Oh, Tilda and the bee are also colored with Copics, and I've added crystal lacquer to the bee (again). Used Paper Shapers flourish punch for the corner and added Prima flowers with a brown brad, tied it off with red ribbon. That's it for this card. Thank you for sitting a bit with me today, and have a wonderful week.

17 comments:

Rachel said...

OMGoodness this is soooo gorgeous!! I love the Dp you used and those colors are fabulous!! Beautiful job!! :0)

Jodi said...

Very pretty card, I love all of the bees around it and the pretty red bow makes the card pop too!!
Hugs,
Jodi =)

Suzanne J Dean said...

Just lovely--that dp is gorgeous too! I love how she's sitting but hope her bottom doesn't get stung by all those cute bees, LOL!

hugz,
Suzanne

Sheri said...

ABSOLUTLEY GORGEOUS~ I love the red, brown and yellow together!

Jacque said...

Cute, cute, cute, Cami!!! those colors are striking!! Hugs!!

Kristie W. said...

She is so cute! I love the brightness of the card!

Sharon Caudle said...

I really like that Daisy D's paper (have some of it myself!). That beehive looks awesome! I've got it and haven't inked it up yet! Very cute card!

Suzy said...

Gosh I don't find it too bright at all, only fabulous! What a beauty.

hugs
Suzy

Candy said...

Hi!!
I don't find it bright either - just fantastic. You have created another great card!! Love it.
Love the colours.

marsha said...

Gorgeous card! I love the bright colors and dp and also your coloring!

Hugs,
Marsha

MarieL said...

Wow Cami, unbelievable the ideas you have. So ingenious to have Tilda sitting on a beehive.

I don't think it is too bright. A very cute card.

Denise said...

This card came out so beautiful! I love those colors. What a great job.

Joy said...

great job on another Tilda! you also did a wonderful job on the coloring too! TFS!

Ila said...

Super Cute and Fabulous!!...I love it!!..Hugs, Ila

Maria said...

I think the color is fantastic! I actually am in the process of creating a card with a similar color combo!! I love it cause it's different. Your coloring of Tilda is beautiful as always!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! Beautiful! Adorable!

Nicole (Inky's Mama) said...

I think the colors are again very different, yet VERY appealing to the eyes. I love how you always think outside of the box and take chances. I am really impressed with the beauty of your work Cami! HUGS! Nicole :)