Friday, June 1, 2012

Sweet November "Shroom" Gal - I Won It!



Hello fellow crafters!  Hope you all had a wonderful week and are ready for the weekend.  I am so embarassed about today's post because it is LOOOOOONNNNNGGGG overdue!  Back in February, I won this darlin' image called "Shroom" from Amy Young's (A Thousand Sheets of Paper) Sweet November Collection.  Amy also sent me the card she created and let me tell you, her coloring is so awesome!  I was over the moon excited to be able to actually hold it in my hands one of her many gorgeous creations! She is just the sweetest and most talented young lady out there.  Her creations are just so fun and her coloring and techniques are awesome.  I've learned alot through her video tutorials on "Color Me Copic."  So, on to my card that I created and completely forgot to post as I went through a "dry spell" and was MIA trying to find my mojo.  
I used a MS border punch to create the side borders on the card base.  All cardstock by Bazzill.  I found these two DPs with mushrooms on them and couldn't decide which to use so I used them both.  I stamped "Shroom" on cryogen white CS and colored her with Copics, cut her out, and added a small pink bling for her earring.  The sentiment is from Whimsy Stamps (Ticket Notes) and placed on the matching Fancy Ticket die.  It's hard to see, but I added some stickles on the dots on Shroom's "cap."  Small flowers from my stash
I kept the inside very simple and carried through the same layout as the front, only this time, I used the mushroom border as a pocket for my note to tuck inside:
A very clean an simple card.  I hope Amy likes this card.  I think I was more nervous coloring "Shroom" after seeing Amy's gorgeous coloring!  It's like I needed the "teacher's approval!."  LOL!  But she was fun and fast to color and I enjoyed  playing with her.  THANK YOU VERY MUCH, AMY!  Amy's Sweet November stamps are sold through All That Scraps so head on over and see the rest of Amy's  fun stamps!

Card Recipe:
Stamp:  Sweet November "Shroom,"; Whimsy (Ticket Notes)
CS:  Bazzill (white and pink)
DP:  Three Bugs In a Rug (Lazy Summer/Mushrooms), and Doodlebug (Over the Rainbow)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics

Thank you all for taking the time to stop by today.  Enjoy your weekend, and happy crafting!

Warm Aloha Hugs,

17 comments:

Danielle Champagne said...

Hello Cami, sometimes it is just necessary to be MIA, and find our inspiration back! I love this very sweet image, and your colored her wonderfully, the layout is just perfect, love those bright and sunny colors.
thank you for your visit on my blog, and your kind words. they warmed my heart! Have a beautiful weekend. Hugs.

Christina C. said...

Hi Cami! Love your whimsical creation....soooo stunning! The mushroom border is perfect and the little blooms you added are adorable.

Unknown said...

Hi Cami! Great to see your beautiful creation! You did a fantastic job! Simply adorable! Love the whimsical feel to it!

Janie Printz said...

Cami, it's so nice o see you back crafting .. I have missed seeing your wonderful cards. This one is really cute & love the little pocket you created. Great job on the choice of papers as they fit your image so perfectly.
Hugs,
Janie

Suzan L said...

Hi Cami, how fun to win a card and candy from Amy!! Your card is so adorable!! You have found the cutest paper to highlight the cute Shroom image. Your coloring of it is just beautiful!! Have a wonderful weekend my friend!
Hugs,
Suzan

Leanne said...

Hi Cami!
Wow! This is so super cute! Love the dp you found and Shroom is adorable! I have her, but have yet to ink her up. She'l on my list tho, hopefully soon. Thanks for the inspiration!
;)

Lynn said...

M-mmm-mmm...I love mushrooms...the edible ones and the pretty ones on paper. Thank you for sharing your work. I truly admire the colorful, playful card that you created.

Doreen Horats, Clayton said...

Your card is so fun and cute, love your colors.
Blessings Doreen

Ruth Ann Hunter said...

Hi, Cami just wanted to say cute card even though it's not a Tilda. Love your choice to papers it goes great with your image.
hugs, Ruth Ann

Cyndi said...

Super fabulous! Love the fun colors and the scene! Good to see you crafting!

Anonymous said...

so over the top cute Cami! love your Shroom coloring and designing! congrats on the win too!

Anonymous said...

So sweet, very pretty, conrats on the win
Hugs julie P

Kelly said...

She is darling, I love how she is peaking from her mushroom hat, so innocent. Your coloring is so perfect it blends with the DP you used, very pretty. I love Whimsy sentiments too, yours looks like a butterfly along the edges. Your card is gorgeous and cheery just like the sentiment.

Creations by Shirl said...

Hello Cami~
I missed this posting! oops!
love love love your card.. You did fantastic on this image..love your coloring and all your special touches that you put on your card..
Miss you creations! Hope you will be back soon.. You are my inspiration - love your ideas and that way you do your layouts.....
Take care my friend....

eunice said...

What a cute card, Cami! Really like the bright happy colors...and that's an adorable stamp! As always, awesome job with the copic coloring, and I love all the embellishments and how you matched Shroom with the cute patterned papers. That fancy ticket die is neat! Hmmm...might have to add that to my stash soon!

Joy said...

Cami~I miss you!! I love to come visit your blog to see your wonderful and fabulous creations! your cards and projects are always so decked out! I need to get a move on it and get us back into the swing of things! have a wonderful week!

Elena said...

Cami your cards are always so cute and i love to see your creations. Good to see you are still creating! TFS