Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Non-Easter Goodie Boxes

Hello fellow crafting friends!  Hope you all had a fun-filled weekend and ready to tackle a new week.  I can't believe it's been over a month since I last posted, but I've been in a crafting rut and had no mojo to create except to do "mindless" things like no coloring, and no time constraints with challenges LOL!  I did fiddle around doing other crafty things and this is one project that took up most of my time as I had to make several for some crafting friends.
Easter was fast approaching, and so I decided not to do a typical Easter basket for some goodies to give away as RAKs so I made some origami star boxes instead.  It looked quite bare as I didn't want to add any handles on the boxes, so I created a "lid" for the box and here is what I came up with:
I adhered some lace trim under the four "petals" of the box and tucked them underneath the box.  I die-cut a piece of chipboard and matching DP using my SB Labels One die (adhered them together), and then adhered it to the bottom of the box for stability.  I also made a mini double-pocket envelope card/note holder and again added some lace trim. 
Here's what the inside of the box looks like with the "lid" removed:
There are many instructions out there on how to make an origami star box; just Google it.  For my boxes, I used Bo Bunny Passion Fruit Flourish DP cut down to 9" x 9".  It's a double-sided paper and very pretty!
To make the "lid" I just measured the opening of the box and added a 1/2" seam all the way around.  In this case, the opening was 2.5" so I cut my CS 3.5" square, and scored 1/2" all the way around, made some snips to create a  shallow "box" then topped it with a die-cut chipboard/coaster using my SB Labels One die. I made a lace rosette to match the box and popped on a medium sized rose to use as the "knob" on the lid.
Thank you for stopping by today and I wish you all a wonderful week.
Warm Aloha Hugs,

17 comments:

Louise said...

What a beautiful gift set Cami, absolutely devine
Louise

Unknown said...

wow this box is wondenferful and I love to the card.
Lovely colours and embellishments.
Francy

Lynn said...

Those boxes came out beautifully. They seem hard to do especially the decorations. Thank you for showing me another idea of how to decorate origami boxes.

Ruth Ann Hunter said...

OMW Cami, the boxes are beautiful. What a lovely gift set, it's something that will be treasured by who ever receives it!! Love the soft colors and how you used the lace and flowers as well. Love it.
hugs, Ruth Ann

RenateKreativ said...

Hi Cami
wow this box is wondenferful and I love to the card.
Lovely colours and embellishments.
Papers too.
Have a nice day my friend
Renate

Christina C. said...

What a beautiful set for a special person!!!! Love all the fabulous embellishments and wonderful papers!

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

OMG, how gorgeous. I can see how you put your heart into your creations. Have a Happy Wednesday.

Cyndi said...

Definitely love your creations! Always so elegant and detailed! Hope all is well!

Joy said...

beautiful! this looks like fabric boxes! love what you did. I am in a mojo rut too. just crafting because the special days are coming up, other than that...I don't do a thing! hope all is well with you! have a good weekend!

Amy said...

These are gorgeous Cami! Love the BoBunny paper you've used and the lace detail with the roses is a fun feminine touch! Love them!

Shirley said...

How very lovely, Cami!! I actually looked at your projects up close so I could appreciate all of the intricate details!!

Suzan L said...

Hello My Friend! I feel so lucky to have received this gorgeous set!! They are even more beautiful in person!! I just love them!!
Big Hugs,
Suzan

Linda said...

Always love your creations Cami! TFS! xoxo!

eunice said...

Oh, this is so pretty! Love all the pretty lace and roses...what a neat idea to do an origami box! Will have to check out the tutorials out there and give this a try too!

Peggie said...

What a beautiful box. Love the shape of the top. Some seriously cute paper crafting here.

JustaFewDesigns said...

hi Cami...
Oh girl your cards...well all your projects...are stunning! I really do love your work. I am attempting to create cards, but when I'm done they never look good to me! lol i try though. I know Linda invited you into the PRIDE of Just a Few Friends, but I wanted extend that invite. If you ever find you have a few extra days you need something to do (ha ha!) your always welcomed to come join us! Take care and enjoy life!
xoxo
Elsa

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh Cami, this is sooooo beautiful!!! I am completely in love with this set! You make the most gorgeous creations EVER!!!! What a wonderful talent you have! You're amazing! Hope you're doing well and I'm sorry my visits have been so rare!!
big hugs! Sharon