Monday, August 23, 2010

AUGUST OCS FROM BRENDA!

Happy Monday to all you crafters!  Hope you all had a wonderful weekend and are already looking forward to this coming weekend!  I know I am as there's so much going on this month!  Today I would like to share with you "punched artwork" from my August OCS (one card share) partner, Brenda of Sweet As a Gumdrop."  If you are not familiar with Brenda's punch art work, you MUST visit her site.  She has tons of beautiful creations made with her awesome creative mind and punches!  Locally, we call her the "Punch Queen" and she always surprises us with what she comes up with.  That being said, Brenda, no, I didn't like my OCS, I LOVE IT ALL!!!  She not only made a card, but she also made a business card holder with her cute punched monkey and a mini post-it note holder on a key ring with her cutest little owl.  Now you can see what I mean:
WOW!  Isn't Brenda incredible with her punch art??!!! The card she made for me, I believe, is depicting "Obon" season celebrated annually during the summer months (June-July?) in Hawaii and I'm sure in Japan.  The "stand" behind the girls is where the "drummer" and singers position themselves.  Dancers dressed in their "yukata," a cotton kimono, or "hapi" coats dance in a circle around this stand.  Besides Brenda's beautiful coloring, I wanted to point out that the front of her card has a "fold" in the bottom to give the girls and the sentiment ("One good friend is worth a thousand relatives.") a nice dimension.  Too clever, Brenda! I LOVE YOUR CARD AND RAK!
Can you believe, I met Brenda for the first time at the Island Girls Summer Social #2 this past Saturday, and this special package was hand delivered to me so Brenda, it was a double pleasure to have been your August OCS partner, and to have finally met you.  Here's a pic of the group at the Summer Social:

Have a great week and happy crafting!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Super cute card from Brenda! :)

Leanne said...

Brilliant! You both are have awesome talent. So happy that I've found you to get inspiration from. Hugs,

Denise said...

WOW, thanks for sharing the awesome punch art of Brenda's. So beautiful :)
Love the group pic of the Social, looks like I missed out.
Hugs,
Denise

Jenny said...

Brenda's card is really cute. I love your card too- the images are so cute I need to go get them. TFS and so glad I got to meet you!

Jenny

Brenda said...

i'm so glad you "loved" it and it was definitely a pleasure meeting you! until next time...

Teri said...

Holy moly! Love your OCS card from Brenda! She is super talented and I love all of her punched art work! Glad you had fun at the social, thank you for everything Cami!! You know I appreciated it!

Elise said...

OH my! Yes! Brenda is such a crafty creative girl! I love her work too! She always comes up with the most incredible ideas! You're very lucky and most deserving of Brenda's RAK! :)

Hugs,
Elise