Thursday, June 28, 2012

Sister Stamps 1st Anniversary Birthday Blog Hop!

Hi fellow crafters!  Hope your week is going well.  Welcome to Sister Stamps Birthday Blog Hop as we celebrate their 1st Anniversary!  Isn't it amazing how time flies and before we knew it, Sister Stamps is One Year Old, and continues to offer the cutest Asian stamp images.  I am so grateful and honored to have been invited by Jenny to join her uber talented group of gals for this special occasion.  The Birthday Blog Hop will run for four days as we introduce the new images that will be available on July 1, 2012, and starts at Sister Stamps.  If you've come here from Linda's blog (Simple and Sassy Creations) you are in the right place.  If not, start back at Sister Stamps so you don't miss any of the beautiful creations. So, without further ado, today I'd like to share with you two cards I made featuring "Miyoko" and here she is:
This card is 6"x6" so I could fit the banner at the top.  I stamped Miyoko with Memento Tuxedo Black on cryogen white CS and colored her with Copics.  I added some white dots with a white Sharpie Poster Paint marker to pick up the dots on the DP (My Little Show Box-"Aiko-Blue Sky").  The banner was die-cut using a MFT "Banner Day" die, the white flower stems die-cut using a Memory Box "Fresh Daisies" die for Simon Say Stamp, and the border strip was punched using a MS "Cherry Blossom Trim" punch.
I wasn't happy with the following card easel card I made, but thought I'd share it anyway:
Thank you for taking the time to stop by today.  Remember, this Birthday Blog Hop runs for four days and prizes will be given to some lucky winners so please hop along with us!
Now head on over to Jenny's blog to see her gorgeous creation!
Warm Aloha Hugs,


18 comments:

Suzan L said...

Hi Cami, your cards are both so adorable!! I love the beautiful DP's that you used along with the wonderful die cuts!! You have colored the sweet image so beautifully, especially her black hair. Have a wonderful weekend my friend!
Big Hugs,
Suzan

ParkNSlide said...

Your cards are delightful!

Linda said...

Hey Cami! Love both of these cards! You are fantabulous! xoxo, Elle

Elena said...

Cami. Great coloring on both your cards! You always make very pretty cards. TFS!

Jenny said...

I don't know why you don't like the 2nd card! Its great! Thanks for all your help... Hopefully I didn't stress you out! :)

1LuvnMama said...

Hey Cami! How are you? I luv both cards you created with Miyoko. Glad to be back for this hop and to see all the wonderful creations by the girls . . . can't wait to see what you've made for the next couple of days! :)

sunflower sue said...

Hi Cami, great cards! They showcase sweet Miyoko perfectly. :)

Cyndi said...

Super sweet Cami! Both of them! Always so creative!

ldemello said...

love both cards!!!

Debi said...

Love your cards Cami and I like what you did with the Fresh Daisies. I gotta get that now - LOL!

mimi said...

OMG... I love both cards! They're fabulous! Great colors!

Creations by Shirl said...

Hey Cami~
I hopped on over to check what you got going on... How sweet you are also part of the hop... Great cards - love both of your creations...

Leanne said...

Hi Cami!
I love both cards!! They are both gorgeous! So happy to be a part of this hop with you.
*;)

Beth said...

I think both cards are cute! Great way to compliment the paper ~ with those little dots on her dress. And the added touch of gems is perfect! I really like your card!

Mimi said...

Both cards are beautiful Cami! Love seeing your beautiful work on the Sister Stamps! Cant wait to see more! :D

donna mikasa said...

Awesome cards, Cami! I especially love that easel card! Must try that with different shapes! Your coloring is fantastic, too.

glowegal said...

Wowxa, this is gorgeous!! I love all the details you put into it!! Your coloring is gorgeous and i love the distressing you did around the stamp!

eunice said...

LOVE Miyoko...and love the adorable cards you created using her! As always, you do such an amazing job coloring up your images, and what a fun idea to even decorate Miyoko's kimono!