Wednesday, December 15, 2010

LAZY SUMMER DAY TILDA NOTE HOLDER WITH PEN

How are all you crafters doing with the last-minute Christmas rush?  I needed to take a break before finishing up a few more cards and thought I'd work on something other than Christmas!  About a month and a half ago, my GF Joy sent me a whole pack of these cute glittered polka dot CS and I've been wanting to do something with them so here is what I made:

I've had these mini pens for a while and decided to make a note book cover for the 3" x 3" Post-It pads.  You've seen many versions of these and I made mine to fit the height of the pen that is about 3.25" high.  It's hard to see the polka dot CS on the cover because I practically covered it up with some lace trim on the bottom, ribbon, a sentiment stamped on a Labels Eight die cut, stamped a sentment from SU!, and added a pink rose on a MS Vintage Doile punched out of pink vellum.  Then of course there is the sweet and adorable Lazy Summer Day Tilda colored with Copics.  I added some polka dots to her outfit.  On the inside cover, I die-cut a piece of the DP with the Labels Eight die and attached a 2011 calendar.  Then I thought I should put them in a box or bag and add some treats (Toffee Macadamia Shortbread cookies): 

The BEST part is, back in mid-November, I won a template from Adela Rossol of Creations by AR.  She has so many wonderful templates and I had a hard time selecting one and chose this, and of course purchased a couple more.  This template is called "3-Pocket Caddy" and was fun and fast to make!  Thank you so very much Adela.  She is one of the hosts on PaperCraft Planet's 3-D Tuesday challenges.  There's so much to learn from PCP and all the talented gals there. 
Finally, here is what it looks like in the caddy, sans ribbon, I plan to tie on the handles.  Below is also an inside view of the caddy.  The note pad fit perfectly! 

Thank you for taking the time to stop by today and I hope you visit Adela's web store if you haven't already.  Have a wonderful week and have fun (?) shopping and/or crafting.


37 comments:

Christina said...

Woww Cami these are amazing! Love them!!
Hugs Kristel

Lisette Morris said...

Cami, these are so sweet! I love the little carrier along with the note pads. Too Cute!

Only By His Grace said...

How adorable are these post-it note pads. I love how you have colored Tilda and put dots on her outfit.
The little caddy is lovely.
hugs Maz

Anonymous said...

What a clever little gift idea! I love the whole set with the pen and gift box. Beautiful job coloring your Tilda and embellishing your sweet post-it note pads! hugs, Angela

Regina said...

Cami!!! Your post-it note pads is absolutely adorable!! Your coloring is amazing ! You had a great idea! Thanks for sharing !
Have a great day!
Regina

Leslie Anne Avila said...

Cami,
What beautiful and clever little gifts! Wow, I know the recipients will LOVE it. handmade gifts mean so much. Great job and such an inspiration.
Hugs to you~
Leslie Avila

Peggie said...

What neat little gift to give or keep. I may be stamp lifting this. Thanks for the inspiration.

Barb Hardeman said...

What a very cute gift for someone special. You've done a bang-up job making the covers and the little carrier. Someone is going to be thrilled with getting this!!!

Tammi said...

Cami these are fantastic! Love the little caddie idea and the cute notebook you put in it, might have to check those out! Oh and I really like how you put a calendar inside! ~hugs

charlene said...

Cami these are just adorable you always come up with the cutest ideas.
Hugs

Jane H said...

Ohhhhhh so sweet! I love it.

Myrna said...

Cami your post-it note Tilda and boxes are adorable! Beautiful coloring. Anyone receiving them will be thrilled!!! Myrna

Card Crazy said...

I love this idea! Your boxes and noteholder/calendars are adorable and so creative. TFS
Sue S.

Laurie Flannery said...

really cute! Thanks for sharing it with us.

Pen to Paper said...

Camille, this is such a cute project! I really love the little notepads, they are adorable! And the bag to carry them in is so cute too. Congrats!

Hugs,

Jackie

Anna A said...

Wow, This a wonderful project. I love it.
Hugs Anna A

Helen said...

These are so darling cute! Love them!

Kathy Gerace said...

These are just darling, Cami! You did a beautiful job coloring them. Very clever gift.
Huggeroonies,
Kathy

Rosie said...

These are fabulous!! Definitely a great teacher gift! I'll have to keep these in mind for maybe Valentine's day! Hugs, Rosemary

Eulanda said...

Absolutely adorable Cami!! What a fabulous idea and so very pretty!

Cyndi said...

your projects are super cute and creative! your creations always look so professional! love it!

Joy said...

LOVE THIS! you make the most awesomest creations! so beautiful and perfectly colored and put together! love this 3-d project! you have been creating! you go girl! so wonderful! hope you have a great hump day and I am in the works of planning something for us! heehee!

Candy said...

Wonderful and very cute gifts, Cami!!!
So pretty as well :o)
Hugs, Candy

Brenda said...

these are beautiful! i just love the idea of a 3 pocket caddy!

Sandy said...

You certainly are creative Cami and I love these nice gifts'
Merry Christmas Cami!
Sandy

Unknown said...

these are wonderful, Cami! I love them! Such great idea! Fabulous work, Cami!

Elena said...

Cami love your beautiful creations. You creations are always so awesome! Have a Happy Holiday Season!! I hope get back in the groove after the holidays...

sevi said...

oh gosh those are so cute,well done.
greetz sevi

Janie Printz said...

These little note pads are too cute my friend ... What a wonderful little gift set anyone would love to receive. You've colored Tilda so beautifully & that holder is just delightful !!! Another adorable Cami Creation !!!
Hugs, Janie

Unknown said...

Oh Cami...how absolutely fabulous!! I love these....what cute little gifts!! Pat Frank

MarieL said...

Wow Cami, fantastic job. What a lovely ensemble. I don't know why but it seems that this little Tilda works absolutely perfect for the little pad holder.
Love it.....

cabio's craft corner said...

Wow wow wow Cami, these are amazing. What a cute pad and holder set. Thanks so much for sharing :o)
If I don't make it before Christmas, wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!
Hugs,
Cabio

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

soooooo cute

Michele Kovack said...

These are absolutely adorable!!! What a great little gift to give someone!

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

thank you so much taking time to swing to my blog and leaving me a sweet comment
merry Christmas to you

Justine said...

Wow Cami this is wonderful and exactly why I have a little something for you over on my blog. Thank you for always being so inspiring!

Jodi said...

Cami!! Happy New Year!! I wish I had the mojo to create... it flew out the window somewhere during the holidays!! You have created such cute post it holders and a cute bag/box to go with it!! Very sweet and adorable! Help me find my mojo!
Hugs
Jodi =)