Friday, May 15, 2009

Spread Your Wings and Fly Tilda!



Happy Friday Everyone! I've been debating about posting this card, but I made it as a graduation card using the colors of black and red for a local private school. This is Dragonfly Tilda from the new Chasing Butterflies collection and you can purchase this stamp from Diana's Magnolia-licious store. I used two MS border punches and wove the 3/8" ribbon through and tied with a bow. Card is 5.5" square using red CS from Bazzill, and the DP is from Imaginisce-Black Tie Optional double sided. I computer generated the sentiment and punched it out with my Marvy heart punch. I'm not happy with the spacing so I'll change it later. Tilda is colored with both Copics and Koh-i-noor pencils and OMS. I added a stamen for her antennae. The tag that Tilda is mounted on is a Sizzix "Happy 2" Tag die. On the inside I again used a MS border punch and a Sizzix "Frame with Heart" die. Thanks for stopping by today...it's very warm and humid and makes you want to turn on the a/c and take a nap LOL! Have a fun-filled weekend y'all. I have to work at the Baby Expo over the weekend so I won't have much play time. See you next week!



22 comments:

Kyoko said...

Hi Cami ... HAPPY FRIDAY! Wow, I love all the details you put into this graduation card! I just LOVE looking at all your creations. Have a great weekend!

Ila said...

Wowzers Cami!! this is just Gorgeous!!..I love the graduation colors...and the stamens for atennaes looks Wonderful!!...Hugs, Ila

Teri said...

Wow! What a great card! I love all of the detail on the outside AND inside of the card!! Have fun at the baby expo! Can't wait to see what you create next! xo, Teri

Jacque said...

Just stunning, Cami...those colors are really an eye-catcher...Great job...Hugs...Jacque

Sheri said...

I love this! You color choices are perfect and the dots are a great touch! I hope you are having a fabulous weekend TOO!

cabio said...

This card is so pretty. I like the DP you use and the color combo is a good choice for this card theme. You reminded me that I have to do a graduation card for my niece in California who will be graduating end of May too! Thanks for sharing.
Hugs
Cabio

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful! I love the colors and of course Tilda is adorable!!

Suzan L said...

Hi Cami, The person receiving your card is very lucky!! It is beautiful!! I love the saying!!
Have a great weekend!! Hugs, Suzan

Shawn said...

Sweet, sweet card. I love the red and black together, stunning!
Diana

Chris (catt871) said...

What a beautiful card!!! I LOVE the colours!!!!! soooooooooo pretty!!!

Laurel said...

Cami - This is so beautiful! I love the black & Red colors. Tilda in the red and grey is just wonderful - stunning coloring. Hugs

RenateKreativ said...

Beautiful card......
Greetings Renate
Have a wonderful weekend

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

cami your card is just so cute.
i love the red and blacks
have a wonderful sunday

SemSee said...

This is adorable, Cami! Your attention to detail is so awesome, girl! I love what you've done with the ribbon/punches - I've been considering buying both these punches, but have hesitated...until now! You've shown me how beautifully they work, so I'm popping off to my fave online store to buy them! Also love how you've added dots to the heart and tag behind Tilda - this ties in so well with the design paper! LOVE IT! Hugs, Sem x

Christine said...

Wow, Cami, your card is gorgeous. I love how you used the black and red color combo. The tag is an awesome detail as well. Love what you did with the inside too. You are an amazing artist. Thanks for sharing your work with us!!
xoxo, Christine

Kerry D-C said...

This came out ADORABLE! Great color choice!

MarieL said...

What a stunning card Cami. I love all the details and the white, black and red combo is absolutely stunning. One of my favorite combos.

Waipahu CBDO dba Waipahu Community Coalition said...

beautiful card! so talented. Great job, TFS

Kristine said...

Cami, I LOVE everything about this card and think your spacing is perfect. AWESOME paper/colors too. What a fantastic thought--spread your wings and fly--so perfect for a graduation card!! :)

THanks for following my blog. You're so sweet. I'm clicking to follow yours right now. I'm so happy to be on DT with you and hope to get to know you better!!

stampingtink said...

Too sweet! Love the red, black and white.

Christine Riley said...

What a sweet card! Love it, great job!
Hugs, Christine :)

Shannon - Desert Designs said...

I love the B&W papers and Tilda's flight! Great gradation card - simply stunning! :) Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving me a comment on my 1st Tilda!